Here’s wishing all my lovely ladies a very happy women’s day !!!
Like every other kid , My mother has always been my biggest inspiration in life and still is 🙂 . i dedicate this post to the most wonderful women in my life.
Mom, I look at you
and see a walking miracle.
Your unfailing love without limit,
your ability to soothe my every hurt,
the way you are on duty, unselfishly,
every hour, every day,
makes me so grateful
that I am yours, and you are mine.
With open arms and open heart,
with enduring patience and inner strength,
you gave so much for me,
sometimes at your expense.
You are my teacher,
my comforter, my encourager,
appreciating all, forgiving all.
Sometimes I took you for granted, Mom,
but I don’t now, and I never will again.
I know that everything I am today
relates to you and your loving care.
I gaze in wonder
as I watch you being you –
my miracle, my mother.
I thought I will share the recipe of chocolate truffle cake that I made for my angel moms birthday the last time .
It was a cake that was made in a jiffy and frosted on the same day , in between my exams. This decadent cake is my moms favorite. So here’s the recipe of this easy cake that even a beginner with zero baking experience could try out with basic ingredients . I got the chocolate cake recipe from here .
Ingredients ( 16 serves )
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 200 grams of cooking chocolate chopped
- 100 Ml of milk cream
Instructions – for the cake
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes or hand mix to combine well. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
Instructions – for the Ganache
- place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Cool, stirring occasionally, until ganache reaches a spreading consistency.
To assemble the cake
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the ganache over it.
- Place the next layer over it and Top with the remaining ganache and spread over top and sides of cake. Decorate to your liking.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients in different bowls before you combine them together
- Try not to over mix the cake batter, just stir lightly until the dry mixture gets incorporated into the wet ingredients.
- Do not melt the chocolate directly on heat , always add hot cream to the chopped chocolate
- Try not to get any water droplets into the melted chocolate – it may seize and become lumpy and unusable.
- You may brush sugar syrup in between the cake layers if you want the cake to be moister. Recipe for Sugar syrup – add ½ cup of sugar to ½ cup of water and bring to boil. Use when cold. You can flavor the syrup with any flavorings of your choice.
- You could use a ready made chocolate cake mix to make the sponge cake and top up with the ganache if you want to make it easier.