Oats is known to be an epitome of HEALTHY FOODS,i do not know if it’s still healthy with all the process it goes through before we have it on our hands.But whatever,it comes to a rescue when I want a quick breakfast…BUT im not a fan of oats,to be frank 😦 . I remember my dad having oats porridge for breakfast for many years,since he leaves to office early morning.
So this recipe comes to my rescue when I have no other option than to have DESSERT eh , I mean OATS 🙂 I mean how could I not call such a beautiful breakfast as dessert ? 🙂 You could add all of your favorite fruits,nuts,dates syrup,honey or what ever you feel like.its so forgiving that it accepts everything you add in.You cannot even call it a recipe and its so easy to put together.This would be a great way to make your kiddos have oats !
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- milk ( as required – around 1 cup )
- water ( as required – around 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon of custard powder
- 1/4 cup of cold water to mix in the custard powder
- Any cut fruits and nuts of your choice
- sweetener – honey , sugar ,dates syrup , maple syrup ( optional)
- add the oats to enough water in a sauce pan and cook until done.
- add in the milk to this cooked oats ( i add milk this way so that oats doesn’t become sticky)
- mix custard powder with cold water and add it to this mixture while still on heat,stir quickly,cook until you reach the required consistency.
- serve with fruits ,nuts,sweetener of your choice.it would actually taste like you are having a fruit custard for breakfast but with oats sneaked in 🙂