With this latest heat wave , I had planned to indulge in frozen goodies , I very well know the ice cream stores are going to stock up my favorite ‘Cookies N Cream’ ice cream, and I’ll bring them home with guilt. But I took a step ahead of them !!
I made my cookies N cream at home !! J how does that sound ? You know how much sugar you put in, No preservatives , No additives , you make a small quantity ,have them and think no more (since you don’t have any left ,sad ,but it’s a good thing when all you want is portion control )
‘Cookies N Cream’ are just about the creamiest, dreamiest ice cream on the planet with its creamy smooth sweetness and crunchy chocolate cookies strewn in every spoon !!!
I warn you these are pretty addictive! (Disclaimer : I am not to be held responsible for your over indulgence !!)
And the best thing is ,You do not require an ice cream maker, they are Eggless, No churn , No milkmaid ,its so easy ,uses just a handful of ingredients and you have your fabulous home made ice cream.You have your favourite cookie in it + the smooth cream ……mmmmm….yummmm… im keying this recipe while I dig into this awesome bowl of goodness ❤ .want some ??
So what are you waiting for? Grab your Oreo’s and start bashing them up 🙂
- 20 Chocolate cookies / Oreo crushed to medium sized chunks ( you could use more )
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream(35% )
- ¼ cup milk
- 3/4 cup icing sugar/powdered sugar ( more if you want it sweeter )
- Pre freeze the whisk attachment and bowl that you are using to whip the cream.
- Combine the cream and sugar in the bowl, now whip it up on high speed until thick and soft peaks appear.
- Add in the milk little at a time and fold in.
- Now add in the crushed oreo’s and carefully fold in lightly, without breaking the whipped cream..
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Crush your Oreo’s, by placing them in a zip locked plastic bag and bashing them with a rolling pin or with your hands.
- i left some just broken half because i like chunks of cookies in my ice cream.
- Take care not to over beat the cream,else it will turn to butter and become unusable for the recipe.