Valentine’s Day is just over and I hope you guys had a fabulous one ❤
I have never been a BIG fan of Valentine’s Day. (MEH )
I always felt that love is to be celebrated everyday, and not on a specific day alone, but whatever, its always fun to have a day named for a specific theme , So I do give away gifts 🙂 and now I have my Hubs to share ALL my love with.
Since Valentine’s day is all about chocolate I thought I would share this recipe with you,And now you know what my gift was for the love of my life.YES ! It was this lovely, Decadent, elegant OREO chocolate truffles , since he is a true chocoholic at heart ♥ and me too (wink! I just forget about the calories when I see one ).After all , a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
This is made with the most easily available ingredients – Cooking Chocolate, milk cream,Oreo and smothered in MORE chocolate and assorted nuts ! What could be better gift for a chocolate lover? Just a few ingredients and they taste heavenly !
I kinda went ‘truffle crazy’ for valentines and made several batches of this crowd pleaser enveloped in various toppings and gave away.
I adore truffles for their beauty , the ease to make them, require almost no skills, and always make a last minute dessert, and they’re perfect to prepare ahead of time which doesn’t hurt either 😉 they are so cute, colorful and oh so good ;).
So, here’s the recipe to this easy OREO TRUFFLES
Makes around 14 truffles
- 12 oreo’s cookie crumbs ( crushed/ ground with the cream centre)
- 120grams chopped cooking/compound chocolate
- 50 ml cream
- Tempered dark/white chocolate for dipping / or compound chocolate
- heat the cream just until the sides bubble and is about to boil.
- switch off the flame and add in the chopped chocolate.
- Stir until you get a smooth ganache and all the chocolate is dissolved.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and add In the cookie crumbs and mix until it comes together to form balls.
- Leave the mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to stiffen and form small balls with a teaspoon or more of the mixture.
- For dipping : Melt the chopped chocolate in the microwave by heating it for 15 – 20 seconds and then stirring .continue this until all the chocolate is melted . (note : do not leave the chocolate in microwave for more than the required time, as it may seize and become crumbled unusable)
- Let the melted chocolate cool for few minutes but still in the dripping consistency.
- Dip each of the oreo ball in it with the help of two forks,tap the extra chocolate out and lay them to cool on a baking sheet, preferably in room temperature as leaving them in the fridge gives them a temperature shock and cracks the coat.
- Once done,store them refrigerated .it stores well for up to 5 days if you have any left 🙂