Best Ever Classic Pancakes
This Friday , I decided to have a different breakfast than the elaborate Indian breakfast we usually have on a weekend morning (our weekend starts on a Friday on this part of the world , while most of the other countries would be working !!!) .So when I was screening my mind for an easy and perfect recipe to kick-start our weekend , this lovely pancakes just came into my mind , and here I present this to you . GOOD MORNING world !
Since this is the first post on my blog , and thought it should be an easy and wonderful recipe so that everyone could give it a try . They are very light and fluffy , not extremely cakey , that you will have to stop at one .You can have them up to your content .
I have served them up with chocolate syrup , fresh strawberries and chocolate chips and This is vinu’s plate- minimalist , he doesn’t like to have them drenched in syrup like me (mine would be all honey , honey and more honey !!! sweetness overload in fact 🙂
And here is the recipe !
Best Ever Classic Pancakes
1 cup – all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons – baking powder
1/4 teaspoon – salt ( omit salt if using salted butter )
2 tablespoons – granulated white sugar
1 large egg – lightly beaten
1 cup – milk
1 teaspoon – vanilla essence
2 tablespoons – melted unsalted butter
+++ extra melted butter to grease the pan.
Best Ever Classic Pancakes – Recipe
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk, and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and then pour in the egg mixture and mix just until combined.(Read Notes )
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium high heat and lightly brush the pan with melted butter or oil .
- Using a ladle , pour the pancake batter onto the hot pan,and cook until the bottoms of the pancakes are brown and bubbles start to appear on the top surfaces of the pancakes (this will take around 2 – 4 minutes), flip over and cook until lightly browned on the other side (about 1-2 minutes).
- Repeat until you finish with all the pancakes.
- Stack and serve while hot with butter , jam , chocolate syrup , maple syrup , blueberry/strawberry sauce, Whipped cream , icing sugar or any other topping of your choice .
I have topped it up with butter and chocolate syrup with some chocolate chips and fresh strawberries here.
Enjoy making your own light & fluffy pancakes with your favorite toppings the next weekend! 🙂
- Do not over mix the batter or the pancakes will be dense.it doesn’t matter if the batter has few lumps of flour.
- Do not flatten the pancake batter with the ladle , it will spread out on its own ( around 4 inches )
- Do not stack the pancakes if you are not consuming it right away ,else they will turn soggy .store them in singles.
- These pancakes can be made ahead, wrapped and stored in freezer bags for up to a week . thaw and microwave for consumption.
- You could even make mini pancakes and pack them up for your kids lunch box with butter , honey or Nutella as a dip.